Re: gEDA-user: pcb doesn't allow adding a thermal to vias

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 11:54:41AM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> I am confused why pcb won't allow me to add a thermal to a via and to a
> through-hole pin.  I am trying to connect these to the ground plane.
> Clicking the via or pin with the "THRM" tool has no effect.  I expect
> it to add the X connecting the pin/via to the surrounding polygon
> ground plane.
>
> I even tried using the exact command given as an example in the
> SetFlag action section on the pcb manual
>
>     SetFlag(SelectedPins,thermal)
>
> but I get the following result in the message window:
>
>     SetFlag():  Flag "thermal" is not valid

It appears that "thermal" is not supported by ChangeFlag (and
SetFlag, which calls it). I believe this is a documentation
bug.

Instead try
  SetThermal(SelectedPins, 1)

(the numbers 1,...,6 give different styles, and 0 means no thermal).

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/