Re: gEDA-user: Where is pcb-20100929 for Win32 ?

> Why are individuals who are trying to help the project being held to a
> higher standard that the projects own download page?

They are not.  Why do you think I'm trying to fix this problem?  I
want to be able to auto-build an installer *and* source set for the
official windows releases, so we can avoid having to make anyone else
do it, and so that we're in full compliance at all times.

> http://pcb.gpleda.org/ 's download link does not contain GTK sources,
> sources of compilers or sources for the Windows operating system.

Please read the GPL so you understand what needs to be included, and
what doesn't.  The sources need NOT include anything that's a normal
part of the OS, development kit, or included runtime, UNLESS YOU
DISTRIBUTE THAT WITH YOUR BINARY.

> Doesn't PCB's source code actually predate the GPL?

The issues is not the PCB license.  The issue is the GTK license (and
other libraries we use).  If we distribute the GTK dll, we must
distribute the GTK sources.  If we had a Win32api native pcb, we would
not need to distribute the Win32api sources, because the're a normal
part of the OS.  If we forced people to install MinGW to get the GTK
dlls, we would not need to distribute the GTK sources.

> All of this legal crap just takes the fun and desire out of working
> on the project.

Which is why I'm trying to get to the point where I can do it myself,
so that the "unfun" onus is on me (or better, on some script somewhere ;)

> Using the 'minipack' build system takes care of downloading the
> sources so they would be available to upload to be GPL compliant.

I think everyone agrees that's the way to go.  I just didn't have much
luck with minipack last time I tried.