Re: gEDA-user: Pressing "=" key causes PCB to freeze for a few minutes

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 03:04:18PM -0400, Vanessa Ezekowitz wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2011 23:29:46 +0200
> Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Yes, I can recommend removing this key binding.
> > >
> > > I do in my local builds for the same reason, plus the fact that
> > > sometimes the optimiser makes mistakes and causes shorts on my boards!
>
> For me, the Auto-Optimize step (in particular the Unjaggy and De-bumpify optimizations) actually removes some hand-placed vias - particularly those which I've placed up against an SMT pad as part of hand-routing the majority of the board.  I only noticed this today, but I can't be sure when that behavior started.
>
> As for keys, I would like to see a default hotkey added to turn Orthogonal Moves on/off (I toggle this setting quite frequently while cleaning up after the autorouter).

Ditto. What about "+" which is a little cross after all?

I'm aware it's Shift-= on american keyboards, which is currently
defined as auto-optimize. But I am of the strong opinion that
operations which may perform a large number of changes to the
board should not have keyboard accelerators, so that you can
not trigger them my mistake.

I'm aware that they can be undone, but even then...

	Regards,
	Gabriel