Re: gEDA-user: Pressing "=" key causes PCB to freeze for a few minutes

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:09:10PM -0400, Vanessa Ezekowitz wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2011 13:54:15 +0200
> Gabriel Paubert <paubert@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 03:04:18PM -0400, Vanessa Ezekowitz wrote:

> > > For me, the Auto-Optimize step (in particular the Unjaggy and De-bumpify
> > > optimizations) actually removes some hand-placed vias - particularly
> > > those which I've placed up against an SMT pad as part of hand-routing the
> > > majority of the board.  I only noticed this today, but I can't be sure
> > > when that behavior started.
> > >
> > > As for keys, I would like to see a default hotkey added to turn
> > > Orthogonal Moves on/off (I toggle this setting quite frequently while
> > > cleaning up after the autorouter).
> >
> > Ditto. What about "+" which is a little cross after all?
> >
> > I'm aware it's Shift-= on american keyboards, which is currently
> > defined as auto-optimize.
>
> Fittingly unshifted "=" would also work, since the two lines could imply "parallel", as in move the object parallel to the path the mouse takes.

I don't really care. Well, on a Spanish keyboard, + does not need
any modifier but = is actually Shift-0.

As I've already said, the only things that worries me is potentially
pervasive and time-consuming operations triggered by single keystrokes.
Especially since I'm sometimes forced to use different keyboards,
American of French (and occasionally other ones, but it's unlikely
that I use PCB on these machines) so I may easily hit the wrong key.

	Regards,
	Gabriel