Re: gEDA-user: Task list for: Solving the light/heavy symbol problem

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 11:52 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Maybe we should aim at core gnetlist API being available in libgeda?
> > Or in libgnetlist?
>
> What would this API provide?  Would PCB need/want to use it?

Unfortunately I was not able to follow all the discussions on this list,
so maybe my question is already answered somewhere:

What is the intended workflow gschem -> PCB in  future?
Currently we have gsch2pcb (gnetlist) and I read that recent PCB can
read gschem schematics direct -- I have no idea how PCB does this, is
PCB using gnetlist, or only parsing the schematics files? (So gnetlist
will become obsolete for gschem -> PCB workflow?)

The reason why I am asking: I would like to transfer extended
information from schematics to initial PCB layout, i.e. position of
elements (initial position of footprints should be similar to symbol
position in schematics) and optional attributes for each net segment.

My intention was to define something like an extended netlist format,
which may contain footprint names and there position and nets with
attributes (width, impedance, length, ...) Maybe all that is obsolete
already -- sometimes development speed is so fast that I can not really
follow...