Re: gEDA-user: VHDL Compiler

 Hi,

  I'm also following the opecores mailing list, the debate about synthesis/routing/placement tools ended when the opinions where woiced that it should be done in java and the gui was the most important part :-) ( pun intended ).

 Personally I thnk a placement tool ( looking at whats placed and how it's routed and capable of generating a bitsteream from this ) would the number one component.

 If we can do bitstreams for different chips all would be good from there on :-) .. if you can program it you can always come up with the additional software :-) ..

 / regars, Lars Segerlund.