Re: gEDA-user: macosx (10.3) - pcb 1.99j - blank menu's / drawing

> > Compiling by hand or with fink 0.6.1 works fine for
> >me. The pcb binary starts and I can see the pcb workspace and buttons.

[but the menus do nothing when selected and the line/via/etc tools
 don't work]

This is the symptom of no app defaults file.

> If not, then I think you tripped over the same bug I saw; namely, the
> app defaults file (which specifies colors, mouse bindings, etc.) is
> getting overwritten by the app itself. I couldn't think of a good way
> around this, since the problem is due in part to the fact that Mac OS X
> HFS+ volumes can't store two files in the same directory whose names
> differ only in case.

This was actually fixed in CVS a few days ago to get PCB working under
cygwin.  Same issue there, the file system was not case sensitive.
My guess is it'll work now if you grab the latest CVS sources.  I'll
probably make another snapshot tarball in the next week or so.  There's
one bug I was hoping to have time to kill first.  If not I'll probably still
make a snapshot.

-Dan