Re: gEDA-user: futurenet question

John Griessen wrote:
What might be interesting to us on this list,
is a look at a sample of a futurenet pinlist.  I've never heard of that tool.
Futurenet used to be very common. It was used for ASIC design in the late 80's, and was very expensive. It got a lot cheaper through the 90's, and was eventually sold undongled. I think it was terminated around 1996/97.

I used to use it a lot for board-level work, as well as Orcad and PADS. It was better than DOS Orcad (though more difficult to use), a lot better than Windows Orcad, and infinitely better than PADS. I can dig out a netlist if anyone's interested.

Evan