Re: gEDA-user: which linux?

Hello,

I think, the article was partial, because RedHat and Suse are commercial
Linuxies. My personal opinion is that all of them are shit relative to
Debian.
I have tried both RedHat and Suse about 5 years ago and those ain't worth
shit.

Otherwise Windows XP is much more suitable for workstation than Unicies. I
mean user friendly stable and fast Office and other type of GUI
applications are rare on Unicies. E.g. Windows XP's GUI much faster and
much less resource consuming than KDE and GNOME on the same hardware.
(When I run WindowsXP on the top of VMWare on Linux, WinXP's GUI is still
much faster than KDE when it runs natively on Linux. Terrible!)

Few years ago when Windows XP didn't exist the situation was the oposit,
Linux and it's softwares was faster (except for KDE and GNOME) and more
relaiable than Windows9x and it's softwares.

It's sad, but now MS is better for many purposes. Ok there are many
security holes and viruses, but if Linux were as popular as WinXP, Linux
would also suffer from similar things.

Let me say WinXP has got a Unix subsystem too (though I have never used
it) and GNU tools (e.g gcc) are downloadable for it from MS's site. By
these stuffs you can use your XP as a fully operational Unix system.

Beleive it or not I'm not an MS fanatic. Now I'm using a Debian Linux with
XFCE 4 Window Manager (I suggest everyone to dump KDE and GNOME into the
/dev/null). Because as I think Unicies are still better for programing or
hacking, they have got much cleaner interfaces (APIs) than Windows' low
level C APIs.

Regards,
hoyuka

C2 MAIL: Levelezés felsõfokon. http://mail.c2.hu