Re: gEDA-user: which linux?

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 12:57:31AM +0100, hoyuka hoya wrote:

> But imagine that the most common desktop OS would be Unix based and user
> friendly /very confortable to use and maintaine (since it's an important
> requirement for a desktop OS). There were a lot of user who would use this
> system always as root. There were mailing clients which allowed to run
> scripts/binaries comming with e-mails. Same terrible things would happen
> with these Unix machines like Windows machines now.

A common desktop OS that is Unix based and user friendly?  Sounds like
you are talking about Mac OS, wise sir.  If a lot of users are running
as root on Mac OS (or Ubuntu), I'd be surprised.  For one thing, it would
show a bit of technical clue as both have root logins disabled by
default.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd@xxxxxxxxxx