Re: gEDA-user: Greetings! I am new here

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:46:47AM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> Lukas --  Could you please create a quick list of things you had to do
> in order to build gEDA and PCB on Ubuntu?   Something like:
>
> 0. Install Ubuntu with these packages added: foo, bar, baz
> 1. apt-get gcc

Actually, you should start with apt-get install build-essentials.  After
that I don't know exactly what other dependencies are needed, but using
build-essentials is a bit tidier than just GCC since with GCC you still
need to install some other packages to make things useful (since you are
missing stuff like system header files, etc).

> I mean that I'd bet that the GTK header files are missing on a vanilla
> Ubuntu install.  I'd like to be wrong.

You aren't wrong though.