Re: gEDA-user: PCB 20050609 fails to build on Debian Testing

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:08:37PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > input in flex scanner failed
>
> That means it tried to read from the input file, and there was an
> error (not eof, but some other error).  Try running pcb under strace
> (i.e. strace -o /tmp/foo pcb) and see what it's trying to do.

For an unrelated reason, I upgraded from kernel 2.4.27-2-i386 to
kernel 2.6.12-1-k7. After the upgrade, I started trying to diagnose
the PCB problem again and it was solved. I couldn't believe it, so I
rebooted to the old kernel and it broke it again. Strange. My problem
is solved, but I am still curious of the real cause.

I tried using strace. It does not even get as far as opening the file
selected before giving the error and exiting. For example running
strace pcb | grep LQFP176 and attempting to load an element named
LQFP176 produces no output.

Thanks for all the help.

Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com/dspcard