Re: gEDA-user: PCB 20050609 fails to build on Debian Testing

> For an unrelated reason, I upgraded from kernel 2.4.27-2-i386 to
> kernel 2.6.12-1-k7. After the upgrade, I started trying to diagnose
> the PCB problem again and it was solved. I couldn't believe it, so I
> rebooted to the old kernel and it broke it again. Strange. My
> problem is solved, but I am still curious of the real cause.

There is a chance that a mismatch between the kernel and glibc's
assumptions about the kernel might have caused that kind of problem in
some border case.

I've had cases where I've upgraded the system but not yet rebooted,
and gee, everything doesn't work because the in-memory images don't
match the on-disk data files.