Re: gEDA-user: Editing elements in PCB is too complicated

> Since I can type 80 WPM I memorize the keystrokes for just about all of
the
> programs that I use.  I really hate mice.  However with PCB I use the
menus
> via the mouse as I never know what keys are going to do what, and there is
no
> current documentation to memorize, and they have changed in various
versions.

> For example in the GTK version what should Shift-B really do?

The GTK version of pcb needs to be used with a heavy grain of salt at the
moment.
So much of the code and all of UI changed it introducing a lot of bugs and
incompatibilities.

One reason I was slow to change the GUI is because I really wanted to insist
on
a keyboard interface that was easily programmed like the resource file in
pcb was.
It was quite rare that key commands were changed over the versions, but when
that happened
you could always trivially put them back simply by using an old resource
file or editing the change yourself. In particular I know that there are
users out there that had created their own key bindings in order to work
similarly to other programs that they were already familiar with. Another
use was for making powerful macros to combine many operations in a single
keystroke. For the moment, that's a (major) feature lost with the GTK port.

For the record, shift-B *should* flip the selected elements to the back
side.

h.