Re: gEDA-user: OT: Video camera hack

On Nov 15, 2005, at 7:00 PM, Syed Faisal Akber wrote:
Unfortunately, the Canadaian and probably the American governments
classify this as UAV (Unmanned Arial Vehicles) and thus it becomes illegal
for us to do. You can put a camera on a model plane but point it towards
the ground not forward and not use it to fly either. This was told to me
by a friend of mine who happens to be an Industry Canada inspector.

Well I don't know much about Canada, but in the US you can bet on it. This government is unbelievably paranoid. Frankly, it makes me want to throw up. But that's a rant for another day. =)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, Cape Coral, FL
"Most are engaged in business the greater part of their lives, because the soul abhors a vacuum and they have not discovered any continuous employment for man's nobler faculties." - Henry David Thoreau