Re: gEDA-user: furnace controller I/O port again

Thanks Larry.  Haven't plucked up the courage to touch a FPGA yet....
maybe soon.

...thought #1 (possibly a bad one)...
What about shifting the bit-banging into a IRQ/timer-driven kernel
module that sends smoke signals (not literally...) to user-land when the
tx/rx sequence is complete?  a bit like a software UART emulation...

...thought #2...
maybe someone has already written 1-wire kernel code.
--
Greg