Re: gEDA-user: gschem regularly segfaults on OpenBSD

[snip]

> Are you compiling with electric fence library? That finds a lot of memory
> corruption.

No, when I was chasing the problem, I used valgrind and gdb
(seperatlely). Once I had a backtrace, and knew which variable was
invalid (thankfully it wasn't corrupted by a stray memory access), it
was relatively easier for people to track down how that variable was
being used in a bad way.

I'll look at electric fence next time I'm struggling with a bad memory
crasher.

Thanks,

Peter C