Re: gEDA-user: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 14:34 +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
> Hi Kai-Martin,
> If nobody complains, I'll change 4 and 5:
>
> 1. move the filename to the title bar
>   The title may be:
>   "gschem: [FILENAME]"  like emacs does it, or
>   "[FILENAME] - gschem" like most KDE programs use it.
>
>   I'll use the first for now.

As gschem is a GTK+ (and gnome'ey) application, consider doing it the
way the gnome HIG would suggest:

"Filename - gschem"

That way, wen the title bar text is condensed to view in the task list,
you still see what file name is being worked on.

I suspect we only want to show "name.sch", rather than "/path/name.sch"
on the title bar, in case the path is long.

> 2. put the grid settings to the status bar to the former filename
> position.
> The format may be something like:
>   "Grid=[VisibleGridSize],[SnapGridSize]"
>   "Grid=[SnapGridSize],[VisibleGridSize]"
>   "grid([VisibleGridSize],[SnapGridSize])"

Sounds good..

Regards,

Peter Clifton