Re: gEDA-user: Symbols and pin numbers

On 11/27/06, Stephen Williams <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The creation guide also suggests including the footprint= attribute
to choose the footprint, but that may be obsolete advice given the
arguments past that I've seen on this list.

If there is a one to one relation between the footprint and the pinout for a particular part I will set the footprint attribute in the gschem symbol file. Sometimes I will set the footprint attribute if I expect to use one footprint for most designs.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org