Re: gEDA-user: OpAmp with internally connected pins, need advice from experts

On 11/1/07, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 01.11.2007, 16:16 -0400 schrieb John Luciani:
>
> > > Should I really draw 4 visible output pins? (The THS4303 has not only
> > > multiple power pins, but 4 identical output pins too) In the TI
> > > datasheet only one output is drawn. 4 output pins really look strange.
> >
> > I would. The information could be useful when probing the board.
> >
> > (* jcl *)
> >

> Yes, to see all physical pins in the schematic may have advantages.
>
> But on the other hand: Some people may prefer abstract schematics.
>
> Personally I would prefer to have one visible representation for each
> group of connected pins (I like to see power pins, because output range
> of an OpAmp is limited by its power supply.)

It depends on the use of the schematic. If I were browsing a schematic and
just wanted to review the circuit functions I would probably prefer the abstract
schematic. Probing a circuit at the end of the day, long after my last
Espresso,
I appreciate all hints ;-)

(* jcl *)

--