Re: gEDA-user: Schematic Level DRC DIscussion

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 17:25 -0800, Steve Meier wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I have been putting one together as I modify g_smob.c, g_rc.c and
> g_register.c
>
> It is in an open office format and is very raw but attached is the
> current version. Suggestions on what the API should look like are
> allways welcome.

Thanks for posting that, I like it! I haven't got any immediate
suggestions, other than to run with it and see how it feels to use.

I'm looking forward to being able to execute similar guile methods with
a stock libgeda, and allow building up designs from scripts. Of course,
my imagination being limited, I'm not able to think of specific cases
where I'd use it in a way not internal to the gEDA tools. (Perhaps if I
needed to bulk change something on a large project it might be good to
have).

I'm also hoping to get stock libgeda / gschem "change aware" enough that
I could allow "plugins" for different functionality, without being
dependent on the core code to know about it. (Ie. call libgeda API,
gschem redraws / updates its UI). This should help for the guile case
too, where the code interacts with the lib, and doesn't frob anything in
gschem / gattrib etc..

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton