Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb problem: caused by guile/Mandriva?

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 21:38 +0100, Richard Rasker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I installed Mandriva 2008 (which offers guile 1.8.1), gsch2pcb
> doesn't seem to work any more. After drawing a schematic with gschem,
> and checking for (and of course correcting) errors with gnetlist, this
> is what happens when gsch2pcb is invoked (Filter.sch contains a few
> dozen components):
>
> $ gsch2pcb Filter.sch
>
> ---------------------------------
> gEDA/gnetlist pcbpins Backend
> This backend is EXPERIMENTAL
> Use at your own risk!
> ---------------------------------
>
> ERROR: Unbound variable: nil

It sounds like you might not be using a recent enough version of gEDA to
be compatible with guile 1.8.

It should work, and we rooted out the instances of "nil" some time back
when this first showed up..

You might be able to fix it, find where you installed geda, e.g.
for /usr/local, go to:

/usr/local/share/gEDA/scheme

and "grep nil *.scm"

The only leftovers I have are:
pcb.scm:  (let ((f nil))
pcb.scm:  (let ((f def nil))

If you have others, open up the .scm file and replace the "nil" with
"#f".

Best wishes,

Peter C.

--