Re: gEDA-user: 13mm X 27mm board

Randall Nortman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 10:29:28AM -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:
>> I need to make a 13x27mm board.  pcb won't let me set any board
>> dimension smaller than 15.something.
>
> Aside from changing the source and recompiling, you could also let PCB
> think the board is bigger and draw your outline on an unused layer.
> Name it "outline", and tell the fab house to use that layer for
> routing out the board.  I seems to me that 13x27mm isn't really enough
> room to maneuver when placing components and such anyway, so you might
> find it useful to have some space outside the outline as a temporary
> holding area for components.

Yes, well, this board is so trivial electrically that the layout takes
about 3 minutes -- after spending considerably more time getting screw
holes and such in precisely the right place.

But my standard trick is to start with an over size board, disperse all,
do a rough placement, and the set the board to the real dimensions.

In any case, it was a trivial recompile, so I'm off and running.

-dave