Re: gEDA-user: A "knife" tool for PCB?

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:35:35 -0800, Ben Jackson wrote:

> I'm kind of annoyed that 'insert point' won't just break a straight
> line.

Me too. Being able to insert additional points without a change to the
actual copper would allow for a few additional little tricks: Insert
three points and drag on the middle to get a pointy nose. Insert four
points and dreag on the middle segment to get __/---\___

> The function is still basically 'insert point' so it could be an
> alternate form of the same tool.  The current tool doesn't do anything
> if you click away from a line, for example.  Instead that could start a
> 'knife' action.

Sounds good. There should be some advice what to do next on the status
line.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak