Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb problem: caused by guile/Mandriva?

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 00:23 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> Heh.. we were just having a discussion on IRC as to whether many people
> installed from that CD, and whether it warranted making a new one.
>
> What distribution do you use? There may be an efficient place to grab
> and install a later version.

Seems I need a visit from the clue bat.... subject says it all ;)

>From my searching, it seems like the Mandriva versions of gEDA are badly
out of date. (Any Mandriva users may now come and tell me otherwise).

I'm not sure whether this is generally a good idea, but you might try
the Fedora or SuSE RPMs:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/

geda-docs-20070902-1.fc6.noar..
geda-examples-20070902-1.fc6...
geda-gattrib-20070902-1.fc6.i..
geda-gnetlist-20070902-1.fc6...
geda-gschem-20070902-1.fc6.i3..
geda-gsymcheck-20070902-1.fc6..
geda-symbols-20070902-1.fc6.n..
geda-utils-20070902-1.fc6.i38..
libgeda-20070902-1.fc6.i386.rpm

If not, then at least the corresponding source RPMs would be useful if
you want to build them.

Also, you might add a "me too" (or whatever the process should be) to:
http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/SoftwareRequests/GEDA

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton