Re: gEDA-user: No connect pin symbol in gschem

Hi,
several replies in this email...

El mar, 13-11-2007 a las 19:37 -0500, Transistor Toaster escribió:
> Thanks Peter, I just put those in. Do you know if there's a DRC to flag
> errors on pins that are left totally unconnected (i.e. not even the NC
> symbol)?
> Frank

drc2 always will give you an error on totally unconnected pins unless
you connect them a nc-* symbol.

El mar, 13-11-2007 a las 16:48 -0800, joe tarantino escribió:
> Unless something has changed recently, be aware that gnetlist will
> connect all NC pins together on a net called No-Connect.  You may need
> to manually delete it from the netlist.  If you make it "graphical" as
> Ben suggests, the DRC may not see it(?) and thus can't flag it as an
> error.  (Please chime in if this is wrong.)
>
> Joe T

It's no more true. See ChangeLog-1.0 entry:
2006-07-14 Carlos Nieves Onega <cnieves@xxxxxxxxxx>

        * misc/nc-*.sym: Added graphical=1, device=DRC_Directive,
          value=NoConnection attributes to the NC symbols.
          This change, and the directives support included into
gnetlist,
          fixed bug #1442910 and allows to use the nc-* symbols without
          shorting the nets to a new NoConnection net.

All NC symbols have now graphical=1, device=DRC_Directive,
value=NoConnection attributes. There is no No-Connect net.

Regards,

Carlos