Re: gEDA-user: Simulation troubles ...

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:24:53 -0500, al davis wrote:

>  Recall ..
> the original poster values ease of use and ease of learning above all
> else.

What could be easier to use than an output command that brings up a
graphics utility with calculated data displayed in a graph? Zoom buttons
are to the left, values can be read by moving the mouse cursor to the
desired point. If the calculation of a waveform takes some time, the
graph will automatically grow while the results come pouring in. All of
this can be achieved with a couple of commands piped to xmgrace.

> There are toolkits for TCL designed for exactly this, so you would not
> really be coding it from scratch.  I think it would be a rather easy
> summer project.

Still, it is a lot more hassle than just reading the docs of xmgrace and
issue a few xmgrace commands with a gnuplot output function. You get a
simple plot plus an interface for advanced usage for free. No printing
issues to worry about, no user whining on missing options to beautify the
graphs.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak