gEDA-user: gerbv status: Re: Ok, who moved pin 4?

> All good ideas. I'm afraid they won't come to much without attraction of
> developers though, as gerbv isn't actively developed at the moment. I
> hear Stuart and Ales have taken over maintainership.

This discussion is very prescient.  Dan and Julian have been
instrumental in helping me beat gerbv into shape over the last two
weeks.  I plan on releasing a new version with 1 1/2 years of patches
applied.  I hope to release tomorrow or the next day, depending upon
my time availability.

Moving forward, we have a lot of good ideas for what to do with
gerbv.   Also, ideas folks have posted here should go into the gerbv
feature request tracker on SF:

That way we won't forget them.

Finally, please keep in mind that submitting patches will go a lot
further than submitting feature requests.

I can't promise that gerbv will become a beehive of activity, but us
developers won't let it get *too* far out of date again.  Also, the
code is simple enough that newbies might find it an easy vehicle for
learning about EDA software.  I will put hacking notes into CVS real
soon to help others figure out how it works.

Cheers,

Stuart