Re: gEDA-user: pcb: C-in-a-circle copyright?

On Nov 27, 2007, at 9:22 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> The same sort of thing could be done within PCB.
>
> Could.  Not should.  Each pad is limited to your design rules, say, 8
> mil = 125 dpi.  Better to use lines to stroke each glyph.  Better
> results, smaller files.  Recall, too, that pcb supports different line
> widths within each glyph.  We can make the font a lot prettier without
> resorting to bitmaps.

   Hmm ok, I understand and agree with your point.  I'm not sure
Freetype would be all that useful, then...that's a shame.  It's my
understanding that its primary application is generic rasterization,
which is exactly what we don't need if our final output format is
vector-oriented.  I don't know if it has any vector-output capability
at all.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire