Re: gEDA-user: Installing guile-gtk-0.5

On Monday 26 November 2007, Robert Butts wrote:
> (6/6): gnome-libs-1.4.2-7 100% |=========================|
> 1.1 MB    00:15
> warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6b9d6523
>

> Public key for guile-gtk-0.5-3.3.i586.rpm is not installed
> [root@localhost Desktop]#
>--------------------------------
>
> Is this the correct version of guile-gtk to be used with
> gtk-1.2?
>
> What is:
> Public key for guile-gtk-0.5-3.3.i586.rpm is not installed

Nobody else answered, so I will try.

It has something to do with how you are downloading.
It is not a gEDA issue.

The "public key" is used to verify that what you are
downloading is authentic, and has not been intercepted
or tampered with.

So, it is saying .,.
"I downloaded the file guile-gtk-0.5-3.3.i586.rpm,
but I can't verify that it is not fake."

"key ... is not installed" means that it wants to be able to check,
but it lacks the information to check.  There is some other
package you should install with the keys so it can
check the authenticity.

Back to gEDA ....

If you ignore the error messages, does it work?
Try it.  It might work as is.