Re: gEDA-user: Missing the printable docs for gschem

On Nov 28, 2007, at 11:23 PM, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

Hi,

I am searching for the documentation of gschem and especially for
creating subcircuits with geschem. I need a subcircuit 16 times on a
pcb, so I want to use that feature. Long time ago I have used it, but
could not find any documentation anymore. All what I found is the
geda-wiki which contains a lot of dead links and circular links to it
self but not the information I need. And yes, I want it in a printable
version like pdf or ps. Yes, here are two questions:

1) where is the printable documentation gone

2) how to create subcircuits for gschm->pcb toolchain.

In gschem:

Make a symbol representing the subcircuit. Include the attribute source=whatever.sch, where whatever.sch is the schematic of the subcircuit. In whatever.sch, attach input and output symbols from the "io" symbol library. The refdes= attributes of these symbols should match the corresponding pinlabel= attribute of the subcircuit symbol. You may then put in as many of the subcircuit symbols as you wish into your higher level design. Works with other flows, too: you're not restricted to pcb.

Here's a simple example:

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx