Re: gEDA-user: Is there a more detailed gEDA symbol edit turorial?

> Now I am wrestling with library paths. Being new to Linux it looks like
> the path concept doesn't exist.

?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable

> Did a new opamp to try to see if I can
> cut the repeated supply pins on a dual opamp by hand-editing them out of
> slotdef2. It seems gschem does not allow any saves or new libraries to
> where the rest of them is, must go to /home/username/geda/libs/whatever.
> But one cannot switch to that area from the gschem GUI. Oh man, it's
> going to be one heck of a learning curve.

Try putting the path to /home/username/geda/libs/whatever into your
gafrc file.

Also try looking at the FAQ.  These entries might be of use to you:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:usage#what_local_configuration_files_are_used_for_a_project
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#how_do_i_configure_my_local_gafrc_to_find_my_local_symbol_directory

Maybe it would help you to just browse the FAQ for a little while....

> But I haven't given up yet ... :-)

Excellent!  Keep at it!

Stuart