Re: gEDA-user: Is there a more detailed gEDA symbol edit turorial?

Duncan Drennan wrote:
>> Trying to modify a symbol with gschem, no luck.
>
> Are you sure you have correctly entered in the symbol you want to
> edit? Select the symbol in the schematic then right click and select
> "Down Symbol" or open it up directly with gschem. If you type "en" now
> all the invisible properties will be shown (also available via the
> menu Edit -> Show/Hide Inv Text).
>
> Hidden power pins are created by the "net=GND:12" (GND on pin 12) and
> "net=Vcc:5" (Vcc on pin 5) attributes. You should be able to just
> double click on the "74141" to change it.
>
> Double clicking on any attribute should bring up an edit window.
> Alternatively select want you want to edit and type "ee" (menu Edit ->
> Edit).

That is roughly how far I got but gschem "forgot" the entries after a
while. Then I tried it again with a dual opamp. In order not to mess up
too badly with a new CAD system I start with existing symbols and modify
them. With the dual opamp my changes stuck. Well, to some extent (it
forgot the slotdef changes after I copied that very same symbol).

Now I am going to have to figure out how to make gschem find it in the
menu. Eagle had a preferences menu that let you set directory paths. You
could set that to a personal area, copy all the libs to that and then
piece by piece replace things with your own symbols and footprints.

I guess that steep learning curve must be tackled ...

> I've attached a screenshot of the 74141 with all its attributes and
> pin properties visible.

Thanks. It is nice that we can attach small pics here. In usenet groups
that doesn't work any more after some Attorney general went overzealous :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.