Re: gEDA-user: Is there a more detailed gEDA symbol edit turorial?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2008, 14:13 -0800 schrieb Joerg:
>> Now I am going to have to figure out how to make gschem find it in the
>> menu.
>
> One way is to have a configuration file called gafrc in your working
> directory, like
>
> stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/gEDA/DAD $ cat gafrc
> (component-library "../gschem-sym")
> (component-library "../imported-symbols")
>
> I think this is mentioned in the gsch2pcb tutorial and maybe in DJ's
> tutorial too.
>
> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial
>
> http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html
>
> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/

Yes, I'll have to do that. Looks like gschem should not really be
started from the GUI or the pull-down "Applications" tab. Very different
from Eagle, but that's life.

My goal is to be able to always have the standard symbols as well as my
own available for placement, in the same gschem "Add -> Components" tab.
And be able to backup the custom symbols I made.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.