Re: gEDA-user: Is there a more detailed gEDA symbol edit turorial?

Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2008, 15:21 -0800 schrieb Joerg:

> Yes, I'll have to do that. Looks like gschem should not really be
> started from the GUI or the pull-down "Applications" tab. Very different
> from Eagle, but that's life.

No, gschem, pcb and the other gEDA tools are not eagle clones.

I always start gschem and pcb from command line with file parameter -- I
think this is much faster than using a file dialog box to select file.

> My goal is to be able to always have the standard symbols as well as my
> own available for placement, in the same gschem "Add -> Components" tab.
> And be able to backup the custom symbols I made.

With the mentioned component-library entry in gafrc file I have an entry
"gschem-sym" in gschem library dialog window which contains my own
symbols. I think this is fine.