Re: gEDA-user: Is there a more detailed gEDA symbol edit turorial?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2008, 16:20 -0600 schrieb Mark Rages:
>> I've done several medium-size boards with gschem and I've had to use a
>> text editor for each one.
>
> Of course one can use a text editor to edit gschem or pcb files. But one
> can do most with pcb or gschem program. I think I have never modified a
> pcb/gschem file with a texteditor -- but I have used that or grep for
> proof-reading.

Proof-reading is most important with netlists. Boggles my mind but
industry could not even agree on one pin numbering scheme for the old
SOT23 package. Heck, even between the old Siemens and the new Infinieon
I once had a mis-number there and this was for the same part. IMHO all
this EDIF effort was just one big joke.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/