Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

> Theoretically you could use a doorbell transformer,

Hmmm... theoretically, I could use the doorbell transformer I already
have, on that panel at least.  The other two panels don't already have
that.  But I need to get the data off the board and into a PC too.

> For data USB needs a direct connection and if that's all the R8C
> got, what can you do?

Actually, it's got a serial port.  I'm using a FTDI chip to do the
USB, but it allows me to do remote programming as well as
communication.

> Ethernet would be isolated but I don't know what's out there on the
> market to isolate USB.

There's probably a simple radio link for the UART too.  If I knew it
could get out of the metal box and across the house, I'd take the time
to figure it out.  It would save me having to put computers near each
box to take measurements, too.

But I know how the USB circuit works, and it'll be good enough for my
purposes.