Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

DJ Delorie wrote:

[...]

>> Ethernet would be isolated but I don't know what's out there on the
>> market to isolate USB.
>
> There's probably a simple radio link for the UART too.  If I knew it
> could get out of the metal box and across the house, I'd take the time
> to figure it out.  It would save me having to put computers near each
> box to take measurements, too.

Companies like these offer all kinds of radio links but it gets expensive:

http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/

Radio out of the metal box would require a little stub sticking out
instead of the antenna that came with it, technically voiding its FCC
cert. Possibly random coupling onto circuits running out the box might
suffice. The lower the data rate the better.

Maybe it's best to just keep it simple for now. Otherwise it'll be one
of those projects that is still unfinished after Christmas ;-)

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/