Re: gEDA-user: Slotting and visible power connections

DJ Delorie wrote:
> There are two options:
>
> option 1: create two gate symbols, one with power leads and one
> without.  Both have the same slotting info.
>
> option 2: create one slotted gate symbol with no power info, and a
> second box symbol with just power info.  This lets you group all your
> power connections in one place on your schematics.
>
> As long as each symbol for a physical chip has the same refdes, the
> netlister knows how to combine their pin numbers together.

Ok, that's almost what I thought. I'll have to try what a renumber
script would do with that, like the ones from Rolf or Stefan. I have to
always renumber my schematics because analog stuff kind of grows in
zig-zag fashion.

Right now gschem never increments refdeses when I place parts. It just
leaves U? and R? there. Somehow that doesn't sound ok. Got to open the
hood and take a look ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/