Re: gEDA-user: Part Rotation in XY-data

> I do not know what most assembly houses require. I took a quick look
> at IPC-2581 "Generic Requirements for Printed Board Assembly" (March
> 2004, pages 11-12). The convention in IPC-2581 states both parts
> should have angle=0 and the part on the bottom should have a mirror
> attribute. Angles are positive for counter-clockwise rotation.
> Was the xy-data done for a specific machine or specification?

The machines that I have worked with (Samsung) were only interested in
a rotation - I've never seen any references to a mirror attribute. A
P&P machine can only rotate the components, so they just need the
correct rotation for when the side being populated is facing upwards.
What might vary a bit is how the operators flip a board - if they flip
it in the top/bottom direction the relative rotation is 180º, if they
flip it left/right then the relative rotation would be 0º (but they
would just correct this on the machine if it differed).