Re: gEDA-user: Part Rotation in XY-data

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Duncan Drennan <duncan.drennan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I do not know what most assembly houses require. I took a quick look
>> at IPC-2581 "Generic Requirements for Printed Board Assembly" (March
>> 2004, pages 11-12). The convention in IPC-2581 states both parts
>> should have angle=0 and the part on the bottom should have a mirror
>> attribute. Angles are positive for counter-clockwise rotation.
>> Was the xy-data done for a specific machine or specification?
>
> The machines that I have worked with (Samsung) were only interested in
> a rotation - I've never seen any references to a mirror attribute. A
> P&P machine can only rotate the components, so they just need the
> correct rotation for when the side being populated is facing upwards.

IPC-2581 uses the mirror attribute because all components are viewed
through the top side of the board. Looking at a bottom side component
through the top mirrors the pins. Angles are also viewed through the top.

Have you successfully used PCB XY data on the Samsung machine?
Do you have any details on the conventions of the datafiles used for
the Samsung machine?

Thanks.

(* jcl *)

--