Re: gEDA-user: Part Rotation in XY-data

> Have you successfully used PCB XY data on the Samsung machine?
> Do you have any details on the conventions of the datafiles used for
> the Samsung machine?

When I worked with the Samsung machines (at my previous job, about 3
yrs ago now) I was using PCAD, but the tool doesn't really matter. The
file that it accepted was just about any CSV style file (I can
remember options for tab, space and comma separated).

The way the manufacturing guys were running those machines was that
the top was a setup, and the bottom was another setup, so we created
assembly_top.csv and assembly_bot.csv files. They just imported the
correct file to the relevant job/setup. Once imported the machine
could move from component to component and they would check the
component orientation. On that particular machine it couldn't sort the
component list, so we grouped same components together in the CSV file
to allow for easy batch editing.

I am going to drop off assembly kits at a manufacturer on Monday for a
board (and P&P files) made pcb. I will try to get some feedback from
them in terms of their set up process, how they want their files and
how they handle rotations. In this particular case components are only
on the top side, but I will enquire about bottom side components.