Re: gEDA-user: Part Rotation in XY-data

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Duncan Drennan <duncan.drennan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Have you successfully used PCB XY data on the Samsung machine?
>> Do you have any details on the conventions of the datafiles used for
>> the Samsung machine?
>
> When I worked with the Samsung machines (at my previous job, about 3
> yrs ago now) I was using PCAD, but the tool doesn't really matter. The
> file that it accepted was just about any CSV style file (I can
> remember options for tab, space and comma separated).

I wasn't too worried about the syntax since I can easily translate the files.
I am worried about conventions. Are angles positive for CCW? To calculate
angles on the bottom do you look through the board or flip the board?
IPC-2581 references coordinates as positive x and positive y from a
fiducial placed in the lower left corner on the top side of the board.
Is this commonly accepted practice?

> I am going to drop off assembly kits at a manufacturer on Monday for a
> board (and P&P files) made pcb. I will try to get some feedback from
> them in terms of their set up process, how they want their files and
> how they handle rotations. In this particular case components are only
> on the top side, but I will enquire about bottom side components.

Thanks. That will be useful information.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org