Re: gEDA-user: From on side to the other one

Bernd Jendrissek wrote:

> Seriously, one day when i get off my a** and build something useful
> I'll probably make a bunch of dead-bug footprints in the hope of
> getting the board cost way down.

I like "flat pack" packages.  They're kind of like an upside down DIP.
Are you thinking of low costs by using old parts?
Can you get any crossovers done with lead bending of upside down packages?
Do you get this kind of product assembled by sending to a far off land for hand-asembly?
I'm not seeing how the cost would be automatically way down...

> A former colleague of mine once built an "M-Net decoder" (pay TV
> channel, sans sync pulses, other scrambling) in this style.  Until
> then I didn't know that such complex circuits could be so ugly AND
> still work!

Thanks,

John Griessen

--