Re: gEDA-user: geda-user attachment policy ?, was: Re: Breaking a track into two segments by using a hole

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 08:18:48AM +0000, Simon Clubley wrote:
> I couldn't find any clear reference about geda-user's attachment
> policy either in the introduction email or on the mailing list web
> page, so I sent these files to Peter privately.
>
> Could one of the list's maintainers clarify the policy on attachments,
> with reference to what types (text/binary) and sizes are acceptable
> (if any) ?

(speaking as a humble user, not a list maintainer...)

This list runs on mailman.  Mailman has a "maximum message size" filter,
which I believe defaults to 40 kB, unless the list admin decides to
change it to something different.  I'd suggest that whatever value has
been set should be considered to be the limit.

(Of course, it's a limit, not a target...)

--
David Smith            Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx