gEDA-user: geda-user attachment policy ?, was: Re: Breaking a track into two segments by using a hole

On 11/11/2008, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 13:41 +0000, Simon Clubley wrote:
>  > On 11/11/2008, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Perhaps you could post that as an example, or make some screen-shots
>  > >  available on the web somewhere? I'm curious to see what this looks like.
>
>  > So just to clarify, you are saying it's ok to post a .png as an
>  > attachment on this mailing list ?
>
> I have posted small .png files in the past.
>
>  Possibly more acceptable would be a link to a .png, or .pcb file with
>  the example (if you have web-space). (Or just attach the .pcb file).
>
>  I personally wouldn't have a problem with a 20-30kB image attachment,
>  but I don't speak for the list's maintainers.

I couldn't find any clear reference about geda-user's attachment
policy either in the introduction email or on the mailing list web
page, so I sent these files to Peter privately.

Could one of the list's maintainers clarify the policy on attachments,
with reference to what types (text/binary) and sizes are acceptable
(if any) ?

Thanks,

Simon.

--