Re: gEDA-user: Two simple questions. Hopefully...

1. Try searching the forums for title block - I remember there is
discussion on how to lock down/unlock items.

2. You can reload the libraries in the insert component window, it's the
circular arrow icon beside the filter box.  That, at least, allows you
to put down new "fixed" components without restarting.  I haven't
determined how to automagically reload the symbol data for components
already placed.

Regards,
Ethan