Re: gEDA-user: Some kind of library manager and hierarchical netlisting

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 10:23 +0000, r wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hit exactly same issues last time I tried to use gschem/gnetlist.
> The flow simply doesn't work with hierarchical designs (and yes, there
> is no notion of a "design library" in geda).

That simply is not true. The netlister _does_ work with hierarchical
designs, but typically, our back-ends target a flat output, such as for
PCB. There are "symbol" and "source" libraries (symbols and underlying
schematics).

Granted, we probably could do with adding some polish, but depending on
what you're wanting as your final output, you can do hierarchical
designs.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,