Re: gEDA-user: Some kind of library manager and hierarchical netlisting

Peter,

I believe that gnetlist takes in a hierarchical series of schematics and
flattens the schematics into a flat netlist that may then be exported
into a number of flat formats. In other words the net has been flattened
before reaching the backend. Hierarchical information is retained in
reference designators and in net names.

It would be a non-simple task to reconvert the hierarchical information
in the reference designators and nets back into a hierarchical format.

Steve Meier