Re: gEDA-user: "mm garbage", cannot repro

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:55:51AM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I can't repro the MM line garbage.
>
> I can.  Set a 0.25mm grid and draw a bunch of lines that *look* like
> plain 45 lines (i.e. no obvious corner, like you'd often get with _/,

Ah, ok, I drew a zillion lines in different modes and apparently never
made a 'V' with 45s.  I can repro with your steps.

I can think of two quick ways to fix this:

1)  Change the _/ modes to not create those segments if they're not
electrically necessary.  This is a pretty good fix and you'd only see
odd behavior if you were in rubberband mode and grabbed the corner to
move it.  It wouldn't count as "connected" in that case.  If you grabbed
one of the *lines* it *would* count (due to changes I made last year to
fix other problems with tiny connector segments that appear when you go
from grid to pad).

2)  Change the line removal code to check both endpoints for tiny
segments and delete them.

And a less quick way:

3)  Add the requested 'remove net' feature which would presumably be
more popular than 'remove line' in cases where these tiny segments would
appear and it would handle this cause automatically.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>